Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre is a respected First Nation community-driven, sustainable Centre of Excellence. We provide comprehensive support to schools to promote bilingual, bicultural student success.
Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre supports First Nations student success in partnership with our communities.
To provide a strong leadership role in developing a unique education system for the Sioux Lookout district that addresses the cultural and linguistic values of our Aboriginal children, youth and young adults.
To develop and deliver education programs which will enable our students to confidently respond to and benefit from life’s opportunities and challenges.
To respond to the education needs of the communities and build capacity to address emerging societal trends and issues.
To provide a comprehensive spectrum of education services to the First Nation communities it serves.
To provide educational opportunities for Aboriginal children, youth and young adults.
All gifts and blessings come from our Creator.
We believe in our students and their ability to learn and succeed in ‘two worlds’.
Student achievement, confidence and success depends upon the traditional lifelong teachings and wisdom of our people, the preservation and maintenance of our Anihshininiimowin/Anishinaabemowin language and lifestyle.
We value and promote:
- Parent and community involvement in a safe and nurturing environment
- Partnerships which support local education
- Use of best practices
- The ongoing development of land based education
- Cross cultural awareness and training
- Consulting with communities and responding to requests in a timely manner
- Supporting First Nations student success in partnership with our communities.